Glycoside Hydrolase Families
This pages lists all the Glycoside Hydrolase (GH) Family pages in CAZypedia that have been given Curator Approved status, as well as those that are currently under construction or unassigned (i.e. lacking a Responsible Curator and Author).
The Lexicon entry Glycoside hydrolases contains an introduction and overview to this class of enzymes. The classification mirrors that of the CAZy database [1, 2, 3], which itself is based on the sequence-based families of glycoside hydrolases as described in [4, 5, 6, 7, 8].
Responsible Curator as essentially complete. CAZypedia is a living document, so further improvement of these pages is still possible; please see the individual pages for more information.
There are currently 93 Curator approved Glycoside Hydrolase (GH) Family pages in CAZypedia.
under construction in CAZypedia. As such, the Responsible Curator has deemed that the page's content is not quite up to CAZypedia's standards for full public consumption. All information on these pages should therefore be considered to be under revision and may be subject to major changes.
There are currently 9 Glycoside Hydrolase Family pages under construction in CAZypedia.
Unassigned pages are currently lacking a Responsible Curator and one or more Authors. If you are an expert on any of these families and would like to help us improve CAZypedia by getting involved with the production and maintenance of the corresponding page(s), please contact a member of the Board of Curators directly, or via this form.
There are currently 31 Glycoside Hydrolase Family pages in CAZypedia that have not been assigned to a Responsible Curator.
There are currently 6 pages in CAZypedia that describe Glycoside Hydrolase families deleted from the CAZy DB.
- Davies, G.J. and Sinnott, M.L. (2008) Sorting the diverse: the sequence-based classifications of carbohydrate-active enzymes. Biochem. J. (A BJ Classics review, online only). DOI: 10.1042/BJ20080382
- Cantarel BL, Coutinho PM, Rancurel C, Bernard T, Lombard V, and Henrissat B. The Carbohydrate-Active EnZymes database (CAZy): an expert resource for Glycogenomics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Jan;37(Database issue):D233-8. DOI:10.1093/nar/gkn663 |
- Lombard V, Golaconda Ramulu H, Drula E, Coutinho PM, and Henrissat B. The carbohydrate-active enzymes database (CAZy) in 2013. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013 Nov 21. DOI:10.1093/nar/gkt1178 |
- Henrissat B. A classification of glycosyl hydrolases based on amino acid sequence similarities. Biochem J. 1991 Dec 1;280 ( Pt 2):309-16.
- Henrissat B and Bairoch A. New families in the classification of glycosyl hydrolases based on amino acid sequence similarities. Biochem J. 1993 Aug 1;293 ( Pt 3):781-8.
- Henrissat B and Bairoch A. Updating the sequence-based classification of glycosyl hydrolases. Biochem J. 1996 Jun 1;316 ( Pt 2):695-6.
- Davies G and Henrissat B. Structures and mechanisms of glycosyl hydrolases. Structure. 1995 Sep 15;3(9):853-9.
- Henrissat B and Davies G. Structural and sequence-based classification of glycoside hydrolases. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1997 Oct;7(5):637-44.