New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
The Lexicon entry Glycosyltransferases contains an introduction and overview to this class of enzymes. The classification mirrors that of the CAZy database , which itself is based on the sequence-based families of glycoside hydrolases as described in [2, 3, 4, 5, 6].
There are currently 3 Curator Approved(definition) Glycosyltransferase Family pages in CAZypedia.
There are currently 2 Glycosyltransferase Family pages under construction(definition) in CAZypedia.
- Cantarel BL, Coutinho PM, Rancurel C, Bernard T, Lombard V, and Henrissat B. (2009). The Carbohydrate-Active EnZymes database (CAZy): an expert resource for Glycogenomics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37(Database issue):D233-8. DOI:10.1093/nar/gkn663 |
- Henrissat B (1991). A classification of glycosyl hydrolases based on amino acid sequence similarities. Biochem J. 1991;280 ( Pt 2):309-16. DOI:10.1042/bj2800309 |
- Henrissat B and Bairoch A. (1993). New families in the classification of glycosyl hydrolases based on amino acid sequence similarities. Biochem J. 1993;293 ( Pt 3):781-8. DOI:10.1042/bj2930781 |
- Henrissat B and Bairoch A. (1996). Updating the sequence-based classification of glycosyl hydrolases. Biochem J. 1996;316 ( Pt 2):695-6. DOI:10.1042/bj3160695 |
- Davies G and Henrissat B. (1995). Structures and mechanisms of glycosyl hydrolases. Structure. 1995;3(9):853-9. DOI:10.1016/S0969-2126(01)00220-9 |
- Henrissat B and Davies G. (1997). Structural and sequence-based classification of glycoside hydrolases. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1997;7(5):637-44. DOI:10.1016/s0959-440x(97)80072-3 |