CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Ramon Hurtado-Guerrero obtained his B.Sc. in Pharmacy from the University of Granada and completed his PhD at the University of Granada, where he worked in Molecular Parasitology. Then, he moved to the University of Leeds as a postdoctoral researcher under the supervision of Prof. Mike McPherson, where he worked in the elucidation of how a self-postranslational modification in galactose oxidase occurred. Then, he moved to University College of London where he worked under the cosupervision of Prof. Vallance and the company "Unipath" to develop a kit to determine ADMA in blood samples. Finally, his last postdoctoral position was in Prof. van Aalten´s lab at the University of Dundee. There, he was introduced to Structural Glycobiology where he adquired all his skills in Protein X-ray Crystallography. During this time he solved several crystal structures of transglycosylases such as Gas2, as well as chitinases and glycosyltransferases such as OGT and LpGT. At the end of 2009, he started his own lab as an ARAID investigator at the University of Zaragoza and works in the fascinating world of enzymes that process carbohydrates and proteins/antibodies that recognise different types of sugars.
Please see my homepage for more details on my research interests: http://bifi.es/en/research/biophysics/glycosyltransferases-and-hydrolases-involved-in-human-diseases
- Hurtado-Guerrero R, Schüttelkopf AW, Mouyna I, Ibrahim AF, Shepherd S, Fontaine T, Latgé JP, and van Aalten DM. (2009). Molecular mechanisms of yeast cell wall glucan remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284(13):8461-9. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M807990200 |
- Hurtado-Guerrero R, Zusman T, Pathak S, Ibrahim AF, Shepherd S, Prescott A, Segal G, and van Aalten DM. (2010). Molecular mechanism of elongation factor 1A inhibition by a Legionella pneumophila glycosyltransferase. Biochem J. 2010;426(3):281-92. DOI:10.1042/BJ20091351 |
- Lira-Navarrete E, Iglesias-Fernández J, Zandberg WF, Compañón I, Kong Y, Corzana F, Pinto BM, Clausen H, Peregrina JM, Vocadlo DJ, Rovira C, and Hurtado-Guerrero R. (2014). Substrate-guided front-face reaction revealed by combined structural snapshots and metadynamics for the polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 2. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014;53(31):8206-10. DOI:10.1002/anie.201402781 |
- Martínez-Sáez N, Castro-López J, Valero-González J, Madariaga D, Compañón I, Somovilla VJ, Salvadó M, Asensio JL, Jiménez-Barbero J, Avenoza A, Busto JH, Bernardes GJ, Peregrina JM, Hurtado-Guerrero R, and Corzana F. (2015). Deciphering the Non-Equivalence of Serine and Threonine O-Glycosylation Points: Implications for Molecular Recognition of the Tn Antigen by an anti-MUC1 Antibody. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015;54(34):9830-4. DOI:10.1002/anie.201502813 |
- Lira-Navarrete E, de Las Rivas M, Compañón I, Pallarés MC, Kong Y, Iglesias-Fernández J, Bernardes GJ, Peregrina JM, Rovira C, Bernadó P, Bruscolini P, Clausen H, Lostao A, Corzana F, and Hurtado-Guerrero R. (2015). Dynamic interplay between catalytic and lectin domains of GalNAc-transferases modulates protein O-glycosylation. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6937. DOI:10.1038/ncomms7937 |