New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
User talk:Warren Wakarchuk
I would like to pay your attention on some data about GH101 family:
- You have written, that 'the recently solved 3D structure of SpGH101 reveals that this protein surprisingly shares some structural features with GH13 alpha-amylases', but it is not so surprising. According to PSI-BLAST searches, GH101 is related to GH13, GH31 and many other (beta/alpha)8-barrel glycoside hydrolases .
- According to BLAST searches, the seventh domain of SpGH101 and BlGH101 belongs to family NEW3 of the functionally uncharacterized domains .
- Six subfamilies have been recognized in GH101 family [3, 4].
3. D.G. Naumoff. 2009. Sequence analysis of endo-α-N-acetylgalactosaminidases and their homologues. Proceedings of the International Moscow Conference on Computational Molecular Biology (MCCMB’09). July 20-23, 2009. Moscow. Russia. P.251-252.
4. D.G. Naumoff. 2009. Sequence analysis of endo-α-N-acetylgalactosaminidases (Abstracts of 20th International Symposium on Glycoconjugates Glycans "GLYCO XX", November 29 – December 4, 2009, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA). Glycoconjugate Journal. V.26. N.7. P.847.
--Daniil Naumoff 11:36, 10 December 2009 (UTC)