New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
Glycoside Hydrolase Family 115
Responsible Curator has deemed that the page's content is not quite up to CAZypedia's standards for full public consumption. All information should be considered to be under revision and may be subject to major changes.
|Glycoside Hydrolase Family GH115|
|Active site residues||not known|
|CAZy DB link|
Glycoside hydrolases of this family display alpha-glucuronidase activity. The enzymes possible to release 4-O-methyl D-glucuronic acid from polymeric xylans. The substrate specificity could be distinguished from GH67 enzymes. In contrast to GH67 enzymes which only cleave glucuronosyl linkage at the non-reducing end of xylooligosaccharides, GH115 enzymes remove glucuronic acid from the both terminal and internal regions of xylooligosaccharides and xylans. This kind of substrate specificty firstly demonstrated by an alpha-glucuronidase purified from Thermoascus aurantiacus  and N-terminal amino acid sequence of Schizophyllum commune firstly provided . In spite of the N-terminal amino acid sequence of Pichia stipitis did not show significant similarity with the sequence of S. commune, the information lead to find full amino acid sequence and establish this family . It has been demonstrated that these enzymes release 4-O-methyl D-glucuronic acid, the enzyme from Streptomyces pristinaespiralis produced the both 4-O-methyl D-glucuronic acid and non methylated D-glucuronic acid as the reaction product .
This is an example of how to make references to a journal article . (See the References section below). Multiple references can go in the same place like this [5, 6]. You can even cite books using just the ISBN . References that are not in PubMed can be typed in by hand .
Kinetics and Mechanism
Using 1H NMR spectroscopy and reduced aldopentaouronic acid(MeGlcA3Xyl4-ol) as a substrate, it was demonstrated that both the enzymes from S. commune and P. stipitis releasing 4-O-methyl-D-glucuronic acid (MeGlcA) as its beta-anomer, suggesting a single displacement mechanism .
No 3D-structure is solved for this family of enzyme.
- Normal 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE First stereochemistry determination
- 1H NMR demonstrated that the released 4-methyl-D-glucuronic acid was a beta anomer and thus that the enzyme is an inverter [9, 10].
- First catalytic nucleophile identification
- First general acid/base residue identification
- First 3-D structure
- Just crystallization of S. pristinaespiralis enzyme is reported .
- Pastoor FJ, van't Klooster AT, and Beynen AC. (1990) An alternative method for the quantitative collection of faeces and urine of cats as validated by the determination of mineral balance. Z Versuchstierkd. 33, 259-63.
- 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE Fujimoto2011 pmid= Normal 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE 21206027
- 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE Kolenová2010 pmid= Normal 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE 20804758
- 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE Ryabova2009 pmid= Normal 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE 19344716
- 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE Tenkanen2000 pmid= Normal 0 0 2 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE 10725538