CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Jens Eklöf took his M.Sc.Eng. at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and did his Ph.D. with Harry Brumer at the department of Glycoscience, KTH. His main focus areas are enzymes acting on the plant polysaccharide xyloglucan with special emphasis on the plant xth-gene product family of GH16. He has also been working with pectin methylesterases from Carbohydrate family 8 (CE8). His Ph. D. thesis entitled, "Plant and microbial xyloglucanses: Function, Structure and Phylogeny" can be accessed by clicking here.
He is currently working as a post doc in Vancouver, Canada in Harry Brumer's group.
- Eklöf JM and Brumer H. (2010). The XTH gene family: an update on enzyme structure, function, and phylogeny in xyloglucan remodeling. Plant Physiol. 2010;153(2):456-66. DOI:10.1104/pp.110.156844 |
- Eklöf JM, Tan TC, Divne C, and Brumer H. (2009). The crystal structure of the outer membrane lipoprotein YbhC from Escherichia coli sheds new light on the phylogeny of carbohydrate esterase family 8. Proteins. 2009;76(4):1029-36. DOI:10.1002/prot.22453 |
- Baumann MJ, Eklöf JM, Michel G, Kallas AM, Teeri TT, Czjzek M, and Brumer H 3rd. (2007). Structural evidence for the evolution of xyloglucanase activity from xyloglucan endo-transglycosylases: biological implications for cell wall metabolism. Plant Cell. 2007;19(6):1947-63. DOI:10.1105/tpc.107.051391 |
- Ariza A, Eklöf JM, Spadiut O, Offen WA, Roberts SM, Besenmatter W, Friis EP, Skjøt M, Wilson KS, Brumer H, and Davies G. (2011). Structure and activity of Paenibacillus polymyxa xyloglucanase from glycoside hydrolase family 44. J Biol Chem. 2011;286(39):33890-900. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M111.262345 |
- Mark P, Baumann MJ, Eklöf JM, Gullfot F, Michel G, Kallas AM, Teeri TT, Brumer H, and Czjzek M. (2009). Analysis of nasturtium TmNXG1 complexes by crystallography and molecular dynamics provides detailed insight into substrate recognition by family GH16 xyloglucan endo-transglycosylases and endo-hydrolases. Proteins. 2009;75(4):820-36. DOI:10.1002/prot.22291 |
- Nordgren N, Eklöf J, Zhou Q, Brumer H 3rd, and Rutland MW. (2008). Top-down grafting of xyloglucan to gold monitored by QCM-D and AFM: enzymatic activity and interactions with cellulose. Biomacromolecules. 2008;9(3):942-8. DOI:10.1021/bm701214e |
- Gloster TM, Ibatullin FM, Macauley K, Eklöf JM, Roberts S, Turkenburg JP, Bjørnvad ME, Jørgensen PL, Danielsen S, Johansen KS, Borchert TV, Wilson KS, Brumer H, and Davies GJ. (2007). Characterization and three-dimensional structures of two distinct bacterial xyloglucanases from families GH5 and GH12. J Biol Chem. 2007;282(26):19177-89. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M700224200 |