CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Naotake Konno is an associate professor at Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Utsunomiya University, Japan. He obtained Ph. D. from Graduate School of The University of Tokyo in 2009. He contributed isolation and enzymatic characterization of polysaccharide lyase and glycoside hydrolase belonging new families (PL20 and GH128) [1, 2, 3]. His research currently focuses on various carbohydrate-active enzymes acting on fungal cell walls, such as chitinases , beta-1,3-glucanases  and beta-1,6-glucanases . Some of these enzymes are involved in fungal morphological changes.
- Konno N, Igarashi K, Habu N, Samejima M, and Isogai A. (2009). Cloning of the Trichoderma reesei cDNA encoding a glucuronan lyase belonging to a novel polysaccharide lyase family. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75(1):101-7. DOI:10.1128/AEM.01749-08 |
- Konno N, Ishida T, Igarashi K, Fushinobu S, Habu N, Samejima M, and Isogai A. (2009). Crystal structure of polysaccharide lyase family 20 endo-beta-1,4-glucuronan lyase from the filamentous fungus Trichoderma reesei. FEBS Lett. 2009;583(8):1323-6. DOI:10.1016/j.febslet.2009.03.034 |
- Sakamoto Y, Nakade K, and Konno N. (2011). Endo-β-1,3-glucanase GLU1, from the fruiting body of Lentinula edodes, belongs to a new glycoside hydrolase family. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77(23):8350-4. DOI:10.1128/AEM.05581-11 |
- Konno N, Takahashi H, Nakajima M, Takeda T, and Sakamoto Y. (2012). Characterization of β-N-acetylhexosaminidase (LeHex20A), a member of glycoside hydrolase family 20, from Lentinula edodes (shiitake mushroom). AMB Express. 2012;2(1):29. DOI:10.1186/2191-0855-2-29 |
- Konno N and Sakamoto Y. (2011). An endo-β-1,6-glucanase involved in Lentinula edodes fruiting body autolysis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;91(5):1365-73. DOI:10.1007/s00253-011-3295-2 |