New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
Difference between revisions of "User:Yann Mathieu"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
Latest revision as of 11:13, 14 October 2021
Yann Mathieu obtained his MsC in Protein Engineering in 2009 from the Université de Lorraine and completed his PhD in 2012 under the supervision of Eric Gelhaye and Marc Buée at the Université de Lorraine in the Tree-Microbe Interactions research unit. This work looked at the ecological and functional diversity of wood decomposing fungi and how the substrate influences their communities, their secreted biomass degrading enzymes  and their detoxification enzymes  with a focus on glutathione S-transferases and their structure-function relationship [3, 4].
He then moved to the south of France in Marseille to work as a post-doctoral scientist, in the Fungal Biodiversity and Biotechnology Laboratory, studying fungal oxidoreductases such as GMC-oxidoreductases AA3 [5, 6, 7] and lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases AA9 and their role in biomass degradation .
After 2 years in Marseille, he moved to Vancouver at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver to pursue his work on fungal oxidoreductases within Harry Brumer's group where his research focuses on the screening, production, characterisation and structure-function relationship of lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases AA9  and copper radical oxidases AA5_2 to better understand their substrate scope , physiological roles and their applications in biocatalysis .
- Mathieu Y, Gelhaye E, Dumarçay S, Gérardin P, Harvengt L, and Buée M. (2013). Selection and validation of enzymatic activities as functional markers in wood biotechnology and fungal ecology. J Microbiol Methods. 2013;92(2):157-63. DOI:10.1016/j.mimet.2012.11.017 |
- Morel M, Meux E, Mathieu Y, Thuillier A, Chibani K, Harvengt L, Jacquot JP, and Gelhaye E. (2013). Xenomic networks variability and adaptation traits in wood decaying fungi. Microb Biotechnol. 2013;6(3):248-63. DOI:10.1111/1751-7915.12015 |
- Mathieu Y, Prosper P, Buée M, Dumarçay S, Favier F, Gelhaye E, Gérardin P, Harvengt L, Jacquot JP, Lamant T, Meux E, Mathiot S, Didierjean C, and Morel M. (2012). Characterization of a Phanerochaete chrysosporium glutathione transferase reveals a novel structural and functional class with ligandin properties. J Biol Chem. 2012;287(46):39001-11. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M112.402776 |
- Mathieu Y, Prosper P, Favier F, Harvengt L, Didierjean C, Jacquot JP, Morel-Rouhier M, and Gelhaye E. (2013). Diversification of fungal specific class a glutathione transferases in saprotrophic fungi. PLoS One. 2013;8(11):e80298. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0080298 |
- Piumi F, Levasseur A, Navarro D, Zhou S, Mathieu Y, Ropartz D, Ludwig R, Faulds CB, and Record E. (2014). A novel glucose dehydrogenase from the white-rot fungus Pycnoporus cinnabarinus: production in Aspergillus niger and physicochemical characterization of the recombinant enzyme. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2014;98(24):10105-18. DOI:10.1007/s00253-014-5891-4 |
- Mathieu Y, Piumi F, Valli R, Aramburu JC, Ferreira P, Faulds CB, and Record E. (2016). Activities of Secreted Aryl Alcohol Quinone Oxidoreductases from Pycnoporus cinnabarinus Provide Insights into Fungal Degradation of Plant Biomass. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82(8):2411-2423. DOI:10.1128/AEM.03761-15 |
- Couturier M, Mathieu Y, Li A, Navarro D, Drula E, Haon M, Grisel S, Ludwig R, and Berrin JG. (2016). Characterization of a new aryl-alcohol oxidase secreted by the phytopathogenic fungus Ustilago maydis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100(2):697-706. DOI:10.1007/s00253-015-7021-3 |
- Garajova S, Mathieu Y, Beccia MR, Bennati-Granier C, Biaso F, Fanuel M, Ropartz D, Guigliarelli B, Record E, Rogniaux H, Henrissat B, and Berrin JG. (2016). Single-domain flavoenzymes trigger lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases for oxidative degradation of cellulose. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28276. DOI:10.1038/srep28276 |
- Li J, Solhi L, Goddard-Borger ED, Mathieu Y, Wakarchuk WW, Withers SG, and Brumer H. (2021). Four cellulose-active lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases from Cellulomonas species. Biotechnol Biofuels. 2021;14(1):29. DOI:10.1186/s13068-020-01860-3 |
- Mollerup F, Aumala V, Parikka K, Mathieu Y, Brumer H, Tenkanen M, and Master E. (2019). A family AA5_2 carbohydrate oxidase from Penicillium rubens displays functional overlap across the AA5 family. PLoS One. 2019;14(5):e0216546. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0216546 |
Mathieu, Y., Offen, W. A., Forget, S. M., Ciano, L., Viborg, A. H., Blagova, E., Henrissat, B., Walton, P.H, Davies, G.J, and Brumer, H. (2020). Discovery of a fungal copper radical oxidase with high catalytic efficiency toward 5-hydroxymethylfurfural and benzyl alcohols for bioprocessing. ACS Catalysis, 10(5), 3042-3058. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acscatal.9b04727