CAZypedia needs your input! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Gabriela Persinoti is the head of Integrative Omics team of the Brazilian Biorenewables National Laboratory LNBR, from the Brazilian National Center for Research in Energy and Materials CNPEM. She obtained her B.Sc. in Biomedical Informatics from the University of São Paulo (2006) and completed her PhD in Genetics (2012) at the Medical School of Ribeirão Preto (University of São Paulo). Her research interests are focused on the investigation of microbiomes from diverse environments for the discovery of novel enzymes.
She has contributed to the investigation of CAZymes from families GH26 , GH39 , GH128 , the xyloglucan depolymerization locus from Xanthomonas citri , and the N-glycan depolymerization loci from Bifidobacterium longum .
Particularly notable work includes the investigation of the gut microbiome of the largest living rodent, the capybara , that led to the discovery of CBM89, and GH173 novel CAZy families and GH5_57 subfamily .
- Mandelli F, de Morais MAB, de Lima EA, Oliveira L, Persinoti GF, and Murakami MT. (2020). Spatially remote motifs cooperatively affect substrate preference of a ruminal GH26-type endo-β-1,4-mannanase. J Biol Chem. 2020;295(15):5012-5021. DOI:10.1074/jbc.RA120.012583 |
- de Morais MAB, Polo CC, Domingues MN, Persinoti GF, Pirolla RAS, de Souza FHM, Correa JBL, Dos Santos CR, and Murakami MT. (2020). Exploring the Molecular Basis for Substrate Affinity and Structural Stability in Bacterial GH39 β-Xylosidases. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2020;8:419. DOI:10.3389/fbioe.2020.00419 |
- Santos CR, Costa PACR, Vieira PS, Gonzalez SET, Correa TLR, Lima EA, Mandelli F, Pirolla RAS, Domingues MN, Cabral L, Martins MP, Cordeiro RL, Junior AT, Souza BP, Prates ÉT, Gozzo FC, Persinoti GF, Skaf MS, and Murakami MT. (2020). Structural insights into β-1,3-glucan cleavage by a glycoside hydrolase family. Nat Chem Biol. 2020;16(8):920-929. DOI:10.1038/s41589-020-0554-5 |
- Vieira PS, Bonfim IM, Araujo EA, Melo RR, Lima AR, Fessel MR, Paixão DAA, Persinoti GF, Rocco SA, Lima TB, Pirolla RAS, Morais MAB, Correa JBL, Zanphorlin LM, Diogo JA, Lima EA, Grandis A, Buckeridge MS, Gozzo FC, Benedetti CE, Polikarpov I, Giuseppe PO, and Murakami MT. (2021). Xyloglucan processing machinery in Xanthomonas pathogens and its role in the transcriptional activation of virulence factors. Nat Commun. 2021;12(1):4049. DOI:10.1038/s41467-021-24277-4 |
- Cordeiro RL, Santos CR, Domingues MN, Lima TB, Pirolla RAS, Morais MAB, Colombari FM, Miyamoto RY, Persinoti GF, Borges AC, de Farias MA, Stoffel F, Li C, Gozzo FC, van Heel M, Guerin ME, Sundberg EJ, Wang LX, Portugal RV, Giuseppe PO, and Murakami MT. (2023). Mechanism of high-mannose N-glycan breakdown and metabolism by Bifidobacterium longum. Nat Chem Biol. 2023;19(2):218-229. DOI:10.1038/s41589-022-01202-4 |
- Cabral L, Persinoti GF, Paixão DAA, Martins MP, Morais MAB, Chinaglia M, Domingues MN, Sforca ML, Pirolla RAS, Generoso WC, Santos CA, Maciel LF, Terrapon N, Lombard V, Henrissat B, and Murakami MT. (2022). Gut microbiome of the largest living rodent harbors unprecedented enzymatic systems to degrade plant polysaccharides. Nat Commun. 2022;13(1):629. DOI:10.1038/s41467-022-28310-y |
- Martins MP, Morais MAB, Persinoti GF, Galinari RH, Yu L, Yoshimi Y, Passos Nunes FB, Lima TB, Barbieri SF, Silveira JLM, Lombard V, Terrapon N, Dupree P, Henrissat B, and Murakami MT. (2022). Glycoside hydrolase subfamily GH5_57 features a highly redesigned catalytic interface to process complex hetero-β-mannans. Acta Crystallogr D Struct Biol. 2022;78(Pt 11):1358-1372. DOI:10.1107/S2059798322009561 |