CAZypedia needs your input! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Jingjing Shen is currently a Ph.D. student at the College of Food Science and Engineering, Ocean University of China, under the instruction of Prof. Yaoguang Chang. Her research focuses on the gene-mining and characterization of glycoside hydrolases. She discovered and characterized the first member of GH168  and GH174 families , and contributed to the studies related to members of the following families:
- GH16: κ-carrageenase Cgk16A 
- GH82: ι-carrageenase Cgi82A 
- GH168: endo-1,3-fucanase Fun168A 
- GH174: endo-1,3-fucanase Fun174A 
- Shen J, Chang Y, Zhang Y, Mei X, and Xue C. (2020). Discovery and Characterization of an Endo-1,3-Fucanase From Marine Bacterium Wenyingzhuangia fucanilytica: A Novel Glycoside Hydrolase Family. Front Microbiol. 2020;11:1674. DOI:10.3389/fmicb.2020.01674 |
- Liu G, Shen J, Chang Y, Mei X, Chen G, Zhang Y, and Xue C. (2023). Characterization of an endo-1,3-fucanase from marine bacterium Wenyingzhuangia aestuarii: The first member of a novel glycoside hydrolase family GH174. Carbohydr Polym. 2023;306:120591. DOI:10.1016/j.carbpol.2023.120591 |
- Shen J, Chang Y, Chen F, and Dong S. (2018). Expression and characterization of a κ-carrageenase from marine bacterium Wenyingzhuangia aestuarii OF219: A biotechnological tool for the depolymerization of κ-carrageenan. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;112:93-100. DOI:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.01.075 |
- Shen J, Chang Y, Dong S, and Chen F. (2017). Cloning, expression and characterization of a ι-carrageenase from marine bacterium Wenyingzhuangia fucanilytica: A biocatalyst for producing ι-carrageenan oligosaccharides. J Biotechnol. 2017;259:103-109. DOI:10.1016/j.jbiotec.2017.07.034 |