CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Marie Couturier started working on carbohydrate-active enzymes in 2008 at INRA (Fungal Biodiversity and Biotechnology Lab, Marseilles, France), first as a research assistant and then as a PhD student supervised by Jean-Guy Berrin. Her PhD studies focused on the characterization of a variety of fungal CAZymes (GH5, GH26, GH45) [1, 2, 3]. In 2013 she obtained a Marie Curie fellowship to join Emma Master’s team at the University of Toronto (Bioproducts Lab, Toronto, Canada) where she was involved in metagenomic exploration of microflora originating from moose and beaver intestinal tracts . She also studied there the enzymatic arsenal of Pycnoporus coccineus by means of transcriptomic, proteomic and functional analyses . This work led to the discovery of the LPMO family AA14 and structure-function characterization of its first member . In 2017 she started a postdoctoral contract at CERMAV (Centre for Research on Plant Macromolecules, CNRS, Grenoble, France) with William Helbert where she studied several mannanase families (GH26, GH113) as well as mannan degrading Polysaccharide Utilization Loci. She recently obtained a research scientist position at CERMAV to pursue her research on enzymes involved in the deconstruction of polysaccharides.
- Couturier M, Haon M, Coutinho PM, Henrissat B, Lesage-Meessen L, and Berrin JG. (2011). Podospora anserina hemicellulases potentiate the Trichoderma reesei secretome for saccharification of lignocellulosic biomass. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77(1):237-46. DOI:10.1128/AEM.01761-10 |
- Couturier M, Feliu J, Haon M, Navarro D, Lesage-Meessen L, Coutinho PM, and Berrin JG. (2011). A thermostable GH45 endoglucanase from yeast: impact of its atypical multimodularity on activity. Microb Cell Fact. 2011;10:103. DOI:10.1186/1475-2859-10-103 |
- Couturier M, Roussel A, Rosengren A, Leone P, Stålbrand H, and Berrin JG. (2013). Structural and biochemical analyses of glycoside hydrolase families 5 and 26 β-(1,4)-mannanases from Podospora anserina reveal differences upon manno-oligosaccharide catalysis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288(20):14624-14635. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M113.459438 |
- Wong MT, Wang W, Couturier M, Razeq FM, Lombard V, Lapebie P, Edwards EA, Terrapon N, Henrissat B, and Master ER. (2017). Comparative Metagenomics of Cellulose- and Poplar Hydrolysate-Degrading Microcosms from Gut Microflora of the Canadian Beaver (Castor canadensis) and North American Moose (Alces americanus) after Long-Term Enrichment. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:2504. DOI:10.3389/fmicb.2017.02504 |
- Couturier M, Navarro D, Chevret D, Henrissat B, Piumi F, Ruiz-Dueñas FJ, Martinez AT, Grigoriev IV, Riley R, Lipzen A, Berrin JG, Master ER, and Rosso MN. (2015). Enhanced degradation of softwood versus hardwood by the white-rot fungus Pycnoporus coccineus. Biotechnol Biofuels. 2015;8:216. DOI:10.1186/s13068-015-0407-8 |
- Couturier M, Ladevèze S, Sulzenbacher G, Ciano L, Fanuel M, Moreau C, Villares A, Cathala B, Chaspoul F, Frandsen KE, Labourel A, Herpoël-Gimbert I, Grisel S, Haon M, Lenfant N, Rogniaux H, Ropartz D, Davies GJ, Rosso MN, Walton PH, Henrissat B, and Berrin JG. (2018). Lytic xylan oxidases from wood-decay fungi unlock biomass degradation. Nat Chem Biol. 2018;14(3):306-310. DOI:10.1038/nchembio.2558 |