New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
Orly Salama-Alber is a Ph.D student, under the supervision of Prof. Ed Bayer, in the department of Biological Chemistry at the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel. Her main research focuses in the structural divergence of different modules in the cellulosome, and in the specific interactions that dictate cellulosome assembly using x-ray crystallography. Her contribution to CAZypedia was editing the cellulosome page.
Orly achieved her master’s degree from the Weizmann Institute of Science under the supervision of Prof. Ed Bayer, studying the interaction between the ScaB- and CttA-XDockerin Modules to the ScaE-Cohesin in Ruminococcus flavefaciens using biochemical and structural techniques. During her undergraduate study in the department of Biotechnology Engineering at Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel, Orly engineered and developed a fiber-optic based immunosensor for an early detection of ovarian cancer associated antibodies, under the supervision of Prof. Robert Marks.
E. mail: orly.salama at weizmann.ac.il
- Alber O, Noach I, Rincon MT, Flint HJ, Shimon LJ, Lamed R, Frolow F, and Bayer EA. (2009) Cohesin diversity revealed by the crystal structure of the anchoring cohesin from Ruminococcus flavefaciens. Proteins. 77, 699-709. DOI:10.1002/prot.22483 |
- Bayer EA, Smith SP, Noach I, Alber O, Adams JJ, et al. (2009) Can we crystallize a cellulosome? In: Sakka K, Karita S, Kimura T, Sakka M, Matsui H et al., editors. Biotechnology of lignocellulose degradation and biomass utilization: Ito Print Publishing Division, ISBN 978-4-9903-219-6-3 C-3845. pp. 183-205.
- Noach I, Frolow F, Alber O, Lamed R, Shimon LJ, and Bayer EA. (2009) Intermodular linker flexibility revealed from crystal structures of adjacent cellulosomal cohesins of Acetivibrio cellulolyticus. J Mol Biol. 391, 86-97. DOI:10.1016/j.jmb.2009.06.006 |
- Alber O, Noach I, Lamed R, Shimon LJ, Bayer EA, and Frolow F. (2008) Preliminary X-ray characterization of a novel type of anchoring cohesin from the cellulosome of Ruminococcus flavefaciens. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 64, 77-80. DOI:10.1107/S1744309107067437 |
- Noach, I., Alber, O., Bayer, E. A., Lamed, R., Levy-Assaraf, M., Shimon, L. J. & Frolow, F. (2008). Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of Acetivibrio cellulolyticus cellulosomal type II cohesin module: two versions having different linker lengths. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 64, 58-61.