CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Hiroyuki Nakai is an assistant professor at Food Glycoscience Laboratory in Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University. He obtained Ph. D from Division of Applied Bioscience, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University in 2005, under the supervision of Prof. Atsuo Kimura and Prof. Seiya Chiba. He joined the group of Prof. Birte Svensson at Enzyme and Protein Chemistry, Department of Systems Biology, the Technical University of Denmark as post-doctoral fellow (2007) and assistant professor (2008-2010), working on chemoenzymatic synthesis of oligosaccharides by glycoside hydrolase of GH36  and phosphorylases of GH94  and GH65 [3, 4, 5] catalysing transglycosylation and reverse phosphorolysis, respectively. His recent research interests concern structure and function of Carbohydrate Active enZymes, enzymatic synthesis of oligosaccharides showing healthful effect on human intestine, antibacterial activity, and immunostimulatory activity.
- Nakai H, Baumann MJ, Petersen BO, Westphal Y, Hachem MA, Dilokpimol A, Duus JØ, Schols HA, and Svensson B. (2010). Aspergillus nidulans alpha-galactosidase of glycoside hydrolase family 36 catalyses the formation of alpha-galacto-oligosaccharides by transglycosylation. FEBS J. 2010;277(17):3538-51. DOI:10.1111/j.1742-4658.2010.07763.x |
- Nakai H, Hachem MA, Petersen BO, Westphal Y, Mannerstedt K, Baumann MJ, Dilokpimol A, Schols HA, Duus JØ, and Svensson B. (2010). Efficient chemoenzymatic oligosaccharide synthesis by reverse phosphorolysis using cellobiose phosphorylase and cellodextrin phosphorylase from Clostridium thermocellum. Biochimie. 2010;92(12):1818-26. DOI:10.1016/j.biochi.2010.07.013 |
- Nakai H, Petersen BO, Westphal Y, Dilokpimol A, Abou Hachem M, Duus JØ, Schols HA, and Svensson B. (2010). Rational engineering of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM maltose phosphorylase into either trehalose or kojibiose dual specificity phosphorylase. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2010;23(10):781-7. DOI:10.1093/protein/gzq055 |
- Nakai H, Dilokpimol A, Abou Hachem M, and Svensson B. (2010). Efficient one-pot enzymatic synthesis of alpha-(1-->4)-glucosidic disaccharides through a coupled reaction catalysed by Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM maltose phosphorylase. Carbohydr Res. 2010;345(8):1061-4. DOI:10.1016/j.carres.2010.03.021 |
- Nakai H, Baumann MJ, Petersen BO, Westphal Y, Schols H, Dilokpimol A, Hachem MA, Lahtinen SJ, Duus JØ, and Svensson B. (2009). The maltodextrin transport system and metabolism in Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and production of novel alpha-glucosides through reverse phosphorolysis by maltose phosphorylase. FEBS J. 2009;276(24):7353-65. DOI:10.1111/j.1742-4658.2009.07445.x |