CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Takayuki Ohnuma is an assistant professor at Department of Advanced Bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Kinki University located in Nara, Japan. He received his Ph.D. degree in 2002 from the Graduate School of Agriculture in Kyushu University. His research program currently focuses on the structures and functions of chitinolytic enzymes [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], including their CBMs [7, 8]. In 2013, He and his collaborators published the structure of a complex of rye Glycoside Hydrolase Family 19 chitinase with two molecules of (GlcNAc)4 . This is the first report on the complete subsite mapping of a GH19 chitinase.
- Ohnuma T, Numata T, Osawa T, Mizuhara M, Vårum KM, and Fukamizo T. (2011). Crystal structure and mode of action of a class V chitinase from Nicotiana tabacum. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;75(3):291-304. DOI:10.1007/s11103-010-9727-z |
- Ohnuma T, Numata T, Osawa T, Mizuhara M, Lampela O, Juffer AH, Skriver K, and Fukamizo T. (2011). A class V chitinase from Arabidopsis thaliana: gene responses, enzymatic properties, and crystallographic analysis. Planta. 2011;234(1):123-37. DOI:10.1007/s00425-011-1390-3 |
- Ohnuma T, Sørlie M, Fukuda T, Kawamoto N, Taira T, and Fukamizo T. (2011). Chitin oligosaccharide binding to a family GH19 chitinase from the moss Bryum coronatum. FEBS J. 2011;278(21):3991-4001. DOI:10.1111/j.1742-4658.2011.08301.x |
- Ohnuma T, Numata T, Osawa T, Inanaga H, Okazaki Y, Shinya S, Kondo K, Fukuda T, and Fukamizo T. (2012). Crystal structure and chitin oligosaccharide-binding mode of a 'loopful' family GH19 chitinase from rye, Secale cereale, seeds. FEBS J. 2012;279(19):3639-3651. DOI:10.1111/j.1742-4658.2012.08723.x |
- Ohnuma T, Umemoto N, Kondo K, Numata T, and Fukamizo T. (2013). Complete subsite mapping of a "loopful" GH19 chitinase from rye seeds based on its crystal structure. FEBS Lett. 2013;587(16):2691-7. DOI:10.1016/j.febslet.2013.07.008 |
- Ohnuma T, Umemoto N, Nagata T, Shinya S, Numata T, Taira T, and Fukamizo T. (2014). Crystal structure of a "loopless" GH19 chitinase in complex with chitin tetrasaccharide spanning the catalytic center. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844(4):793-802. DOI:10.1016/j.bbapap.2014.02.013 |
- Ohnuma T, Onaga S, Murata K, Taira T, and Katoh E. (2008). LysM domains from Pteris ryukyuensis chitinase-A: a stability study and characterization of the chitin-binding site. J Biol Chem. 2008;283(8):5178-87. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M707156200 |
- Shinya S, Ohnuma T, Yamashiro R, Kimoto H, Kusaoke H, Anbazhagan P, Juffer AH, and Fukamizo T. (2013). The first identification of carbohydrate binding modules specific to chitosan. J Biol Chem. 2013;288(42):30042-30053. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M113.503243 |