CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Plinio Salmazo Vieira obtained his B.Sc. Lic. in Chemistry from the University of São Paulo (2010) and his Ph.D. (2016) at the University of Campinas under the supervision of Mario Murakami and Priscila Oliveira de Giuseppe. During his post-doc at Brazilian National Center for Research in Energy and Materials under the supervision of Dr. Murakami, he studied Glycoside Hydrolases from Xanthomonas that act on Xyloglucan depolymerization. He also worked on a post-doc project under the supervision of Miguel Alcalde at Institute of Catalysis and Petrochemistry, focusing on the engineering and evolution of a GH35 β-galactosidase. He currently works as Researcher Specialist at Brazilian Biorenewables Laboratory, focusing on the discovery and the structure-function-mechanism relationship from CAZymes. He has contributed for the tridimensional structure determination and biochemical characterization of:
- CE20 Family first XacXaeA 7KMM 
- GH1 EmBgl 
- GH2 XacMan2A 6BYC 6BYE ID 6BYI6BYG 
- GH3 XacXyl3A, XacXyl3B, XacBgl3A, XacBgl3B, XacBgl3C 
- GH8 XacCel8A 
- GH31 XacXyl31 7KMP 7KNC 
- GH35 XacGalD 7KMN 7KMO 
- GH74 XccXeg74 7KN8 
- GH95 XacAfc95 7KMQ 
- GH128 AmGH128_I 6UAU 6UAT 6UBFZ 6UAS 6UFL 
- GH128 ScGH128_II 6UAX 
- GH128 LeGH128_IV 6UB2 
- GH128 AnGH128_VI 6UB8 6UAB 6UBB 
- GH128 CnGH128_VII 6UBC 
- Vieira PS, Bonfim IM, Araujo EA, Melo RR, Lima AR, Fessel MR, Paixão DAA, Persinoti GF, Rocco SA, Lima TB, Pirolla RAS, Morais MAB, Correa JBL, Zanphorlin LM, Diogo JA, Lima EA, Grandis A, Buckeridge MS, Gozzo FC, Benedetti CE, Polikarpov I, Giuseppe PO, and Murakami MT. (2021). Xyloglucan processing machinery in Xanthomonas pathogens and its role in the transcriptional activation of virulence factors. Nat Commun. 2021;12(1):4049. DOI:10.1038/s41467-021-24277-4 |
de Sousa, A.S., de Melo, R.R., Miyamoto, R.Y., Morais, M.A.B., Andrade, L.P., Milan, N., de Avila, M.C., de Souza, C.M., Adão, R.C., Scarpassa, J.A., Vieira, P.S., dos Santos, L.V., Ramos, C.H.I., Murakami, M.T. and Zanphorlin, L.M. (2020). A rationally identified marine GH1 β-glucosidase has distinguishing functional features for simultaneous saccharification and fermentation. Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 2020;14(6):1163-1179. DOI: 10.1002/bbb.2136
- Domingues MN, Souza FHM, Vieira PS, de Morais MAB, Zanphorlin LM, Dos Santos CR, Pirolla RAS, Honorato RV, de Oliveira PSL, Gozzo FC, and Murakami MT. (2018). Structural basis of exo-β-mannanase activity in the GH2 family. J Biol Chem. 2018;293(35):13636-13649. DOI:10.1074/jbc.RA118.002374 |
- de Melo RR, de Lima EA, Persinoti GF, Vieira PS, de Sousa AS, Zanphorlin LM, de Giuseppe PO, Ruller R, and Murakami MT. (2021). Identification of a cold-adapted and metal-stimulated β-1,4-glucanase with potential use in the extraction of bioactive compounds from plants. Int J Biol Macromol. 2021;166:190-199. DOI:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2020.10.137 |
- Santos CR, Costa PACR, Vieira PS, Gonzalez SET, Correa TLR, Lima EA, Mandelli F, Pirolla RAS, Domingues MN, Cabral L, Martins MP, Cordeiro RL, Junior AT, Souza BP, Prates ÉT, Gozzo FC, Persinoti GF, Skaf MS, and Murakami MT. (2020). Structural insights into β-1,3-glucan cleavage by a glycoside hydrolase family. Nat Chem Biol. 2020;16(8):920-929. DOI:10.1038/s41589-020-0554-5 |