CAZypedia needs your help! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Consider attending the 15th Carbohydrate Bioengineering Meeting in Ghent, 5-8 May 2023.
Xuanwei Mei is currently a Ph.D. student at the College of Food Science and Engineering, Ocean University of China, under the instruction of Prof. Yaoguang Chang. His research focuses on the gene-mining and characterization of carbohydrate-binding modules. So far, he discovered and characterized five CBMs:
- CBM16: ABP_Wf (alginate-binding CBM) 
- CBM47: WfCBM47 (sulfated fucan-binding CBM) 
- CBM70: SrCBM70 (hyaluronic acid-binding CBM) 
- CBM92: Cgk16A-CBM92 (carrageenan-binding CBM; the first member of the CBM92 family) 
- CBMnc: Fun174A-CBM (sulfated fucan-binding CBM) 
- Mei X, Chang Y, Shen J, Zhang Y, and Xue C. (2020). Expression and characterization of a novel alginate-binding protein: A promising tool for investigating alginate. Carbohydr Polym. 2020;246:116645. DOI:10.1016/j.carbpol.2020.116645 |
- Mei X, Chang Y, Shen J, Zhang Y, Chen G, Liu Y, and Xue C. (2022). Characterization of a sulfated fucan-specific carbohydrate-binding module: A promising tool for investigating sulfated fucans. Carbohydr Polym. 2022;277:118748. DOI:10.1016/j.carbpol.2021.118748 |
- Mei X, Sun M, Zhang Y, Shen J, Li J, Xue C, and Chang Y. (2022). Establishment of a carbohydrate binding module-based lateral flow immunoassay method for identifying hyaluronic acid. Int J Biol Macromol. 2022;223(Pt A):1180-1185. DOI:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2022.11.122 |
- Mei X, Chang Y, Shen J, Zhang Y, Han J, and Xue C. (2022). Characterization of a Novel Carrageenan-Specific Carbohydrate-Binding Module: a Promising Tool for the In Situ Investigation of Carrageenan. J Agric Food Chem. 2022;70(29):9066-9072. DOI:10.1021/acs.jafc.2c03139 |
- Mei X, Liu G, Shen J, Chen G, Zhang Y, Xue C, and Chang Y. (2023). Discovery of a sulfated fucan-specific carbohydrate-binding module: The first member of a new carbohydrate-binding module family. Int J Biol Macromol. 2023;238:124037. DOI:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2023.124037 |