New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
User:Jenny Arnling Bååth
PhD student at the Department of Biology and Biological engineering, Chalmers University of Technology.
I hold a MSc in Biotechnology from Lund University, which involved a year at Vienna University of Technology and work on the lactose metabolism in T. reesei . In 2014, I started my PhD studies at Chalmers University of Technology under supervision of Prof. Lisbeth Olsson and Asst. Prof. Johan Larsbrink. I am currently finalising my PhD thesis and will graduate in February 2019. My research concerns the controlled deconstruction of plant biomass , in particular glucuronoyl esterases [3, 4] belonging to Carbohydrate Esterase Family 15.
I have been involved in structure-function studies of bacterial CE15 enzymes , where my main contribution has been biochemical characterisation of CE15 enzymes on model substrates and native lignin-carbohydrate ester bonds.
- Ivanova C, Bååth JA, Seiboth B, and Kubicek CP. (2013) Systems analysis of lactose metabolism in Trichoderma reesei identifies a lactose permease that is essential for cellulase induction. PLoS One. 8, e62631. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0062631 |
- Arnling Bååth J, Martínez-Abad A, Berglund J, Larsbrink J, Vilaplana F, and Olsson L. (2018) Mannanase hydrolysis of spruce galactoglucomannan focusing on the influence of acetylation on enzymatic mannan degradation. Biotechnol Biofuels. 11, 114. DOI:10.1186/s13068-018-1115-y |
- Arnling Bååth J, Giummarella N, Klaubauf S, Lawoko M, and Olsson L. (2016) A glucuronoyl esterase from Acremonium alcalophilum cleaves native lignin-carbohydrate ester bonds. FEBS Lett. 590, 2611-8. DOI:10.1002/1873-3468.12290 |
- Arnling Bååth J, Mazurkewich S, Knudsen RM, Poulsen JN, Olsson L, Lo Leggio L, and Larsbrink J. (2018) Biochemical and structural features of diverse bacterial glucuronoyl esterases facilitating recalcitrant biomass conversion. Biotechnol Biofuels. 11, 213. DOI:10.1186/s13068-018-1213-x |
- Lee YC, Bååth JA, Bastle RM, Bhattacharjee S, Cantoria MJ, Dornan M, Gamero-Estevez E, Ford L, Halova L, Kernan J, Kürten C, Li S, Martinez J, Sachan N, Sarr M, Shan X, Subramanian N, Rivera K, Pappin D, and Lin SH. (2018) Impact of Detergents on Membrane Protein Complex Isolation. J Proteome Res. 17, 348-358. DOI:10.1021/acs.jproteome.7b00599 |