New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
- Currently Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Previously Professor of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry and Biology, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario
- Principal Research Officer at the NRC 1994-2012 working on GT42, GT52, GT38, GT29, and GH6
- Research associate at NRC 1990-1994 working on GH11 structure-function as part of PENCE
- Postdoctoral work with Steve Withers UBC, 1989-90
- Postdoctoral work with Christoph Beck in Germany 1987-89
- PhD with Dr. Tony Warren, UBC, working on the cloning and characterization of ABG (GH1 beta-glucosidase)
- MSc with Dr. Bob Miller working on cellulase cloning from Cellulomonas fimi.
CAZyme Protein structures I have contributed to:
- GH11 from Bacillus circulans
- GH101 from Streptococcue pneumoniae
- GT8 from Neisseria meningitidis
- GT42 from Campylobacter jejuni
- GT52 from Neisseria meningitidis
- GT29 from Sus scrofa
- GT38 from Mannheimia hemolytica A2