CAZypedia needs your input! We have many unassigned GH, PL, CE, AA, GT, and CBM pages in need of Authors and Responsible Curators.
Scientists at all career stages, including students, are welcome to contribute to CAZypedia. Read more here, and in the 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
User:Wim Van den Ende
This is the user page of Wim Van den Ende. I am a permanent researcher at the Lab of Molecular Plant Physiology, KULeuven, Belgium.
I am an agronomical engineer and a plant physiologist mainly focusing on fructan, sucrose and RFO metabolisms. Recently I became fascinated in the working mechanisms and different substrate specificities within glycoside hydrolase families GH32, GH68, GH27 and GH36.
My other research topics include:
- Regulatory role of defect invertases in plants
- Isolation of sucrose sensors
- Stress tolerance mechanisms in plants
- Rational enzym design and sugar docking
- Sugars as antioxidants
- Sugar signalling and source-sink relationships
- Connections between sugars, ascorbate and ROS in mitochondria
- Prebiotic compounds and functional food
- Mechanisms in plant development