New to the CAZy classification? Read this first.
Want to learn more about CAZypedia? Read the CAZypedia 10th anniversary article in Glycobiology.
User:Wim Van den Ende
This is the user page of Wim Van den Ende. I am a permanent researcher at the Lab of Molecular Plant Physiology, KULeuven, Belgium.
I am an agronomical engineer and a plant physiologist mainly focusing on fructan, sucrose and RFO metabolisms. Recently I became fascinated in the working mechanisms and different substrate specificities within glycoside hydrolase families GH32, GH68, GH27 and GH36.
My other research topics include:
- Regulatory role of defect invertases in plants
- Isolation of sucrose sensors
- Stress tolerance mechanisms in plants
- Rational enzym design and sugar docking
- Sugars as antioxidants
- Sugar signalling and source-sink relationships
- Connections between sugars, ascorbate and ROS in mitochondria
- Prebiotic compounds and functional food
- Mechanisms in plant development