The Lexicon entry Glycosyltransferases contains an introduction and overview to this class of enzymes. The classification mirrors that of the CAZy database , which itself is based on the sequence-based families of glycosyltransferases as described in [2, 3, 4, 5].
Note: The GT pages are still very much in a beta test stage, especially regarding standardization of the style and content. We therefore welcome input from the community on these issues. Likewise, if you would like to offer to act as a Responsible Curator or Author of a GT page, please contact us. You can reach the CAZypedia team using this form, or by contacting the Primary Curator directly.
Responsible Curator as essentially complete. CAZypedia is a living document, so further improvement of these pages is still possible; please see the individual pages for more information.
There are currently 1 Curator Approved(definition) Glycosyltransferase Family pages in CAZypedia.
under construction in CAZypedia. As such, the Responsible Curator has deemed that the page's content is not quite up to CAZypedia's standards for full public consumption. All information on these pages should therefore be considered to be under revision and may be subject to major changes.
No pages are under construction at this time.
- Cantarel BL, Coutinho PM, Rancurel C, Bernard T, Lombard V, and Henrissat B. The Carbohydrate-Active EnZymes database (CAZy): an expert resource for Glycogenomics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Jan;37(Database issue):D233-8. DOI:10.1093/nar/gkn663 |
- Campbell JA, Davies GJ, Bulone V, and Henrissat B. A classification of nucleotide-diphospho-sugar glycosyltransferases based on amino acid sequence similarities. Biochem J. 1997 Sep 15;326 ( Pt 3):929-39.
- Coutinho PM, Deleury E, Davies GJ, and Henrissat B. An evolving hierarchical family classification for glycosyltransferases. J Mol Biol. 2003 Apr 25;328(2):307-17.
- Claus-Wilhelm von der Lieth (Editor), Thomas Luetteke (Editor), Martin Frank (Editor). Bioinformatics for Glycobiology and Glycomics. Wiley. ISBN:978-0-470-01667-1
Chapter 5: Coutinho PM, Rancurel C, Stam M, Bernard T, Couto FM, Danchin EGJ, Henrissat B. "Carbohydrate-active Enzymes Database: Principles and Classification of Glycosyltransferases."
- Lairson LL, Henrissat B, Davies GJ, and Withers SG. Glycosyltransferases: structures, functions, and mechanisms. Annu Rev Biochem. 2008;77:521-55. DOI:10.1146/annurev.biochem.76.061005.092322 |