A big milestone: 100 Glycoside Hydrolase Family pages have been completed in CAZypedia - read more on the News page!
The entries listed below comprise a lexicon of key terms and concepts in CAZypedia. Specifically, the aim of the lexicon is to provide a precise definition of various specialized terms unique to carbohydrate chemistry [1, 2, 3], as well as a general overview of the catalytic mechanisms of the major carbohydrate-active enzyme (CAZyme) classes [4, 5, 6, 7, 8].
Responsible Curator as essentially complete. CAZypedia is a living document, so further improvement of these pages is still possible; please see the individual pages for more information.
There are currently 22 Curator approved Lexicon pages in CAZypedia.
under construction in CAZypedia. As such, the Responsible Curator has deemed that the page's content is not quite up to CAZypedia's standards for full public consumption. All information on these pages should therefore be considered to be under revision and may be subject to major changes.
There are currently 3 Lexicon pages under construction in CAZypedia.
- Robert V. Stick, Spencer J. Williams. Carbohydrates. Amsterdam; Elsevier, 2009. ISBN:9780240521183
- by Michael L. Sinnott. Carbohydrate chemistry and biochemistry. Cambridge: RSC Publishing, 2007. ISBN:9780854042562
- Peter M. Collins, Robert [sic] J. Ferrier. Monosaccharides. Chichester; Wiley & Sons, 1995. ISBN:0471953431
- Sinnott, M.L. (1990) Catalytic mechanisms of enzymic glycosyl transfer. Chem. Rev. 90, 1171-1202. DOI: 10.1021/cr00105a006
- McCarter JD and Withers SG. Mechanisms of enzymatic glycoside hydrolysis. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1994 Dec;4(6):885-92.
- Yip VL and Withers SG. Breakdown of oligosaccharides by the process of elimination. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2006 Apr;10(2):147-55. DOI:10.1016/j.cbpa.2006.02.005 |
- Vocadlo DJ and Davies GJ. Mechanistic insights into glycosidase chemistry. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2008 Oct;12(5):539-55. DOI:10.1016/j.cbpa.2008.05.010 |
- Lairson LL, Henrissat B, Davies GJ, and Withers SG. Glycosyltransferases: structures, functions, and mechanisms. Annu Rev Biochem. 2008;77:521-55. DOI:10.1146/annurev.biochem.76.061005.092322 |